Here’s this week’s roundup of the real estate news and updates you don’t want to miss.
- According to Construction Dive, the number of starter homes on the market in the U.S. has tumbled, while their price has increased 5.6 percent since 2012.
- Zillow published a helpful guide to homebuyers who are in the market for a smaller home to downsize to. It’s worth a read for any agent who services this demographic.
- Are you a fan of “House Hunters?” If you missed it, realtor.com’s article “How ‘House Hunters’ Glosses Over the Real Estate Reality” is a great read for anyone who actually works as an agent and follows the show.
- Have you run into this issue at closing? “Many lenders and title companies are refusing to provide copies of the final closing documents to real estate agents representing homebuyers,” writes the Chicago Tribune‘s Kenneth Harney in his article, “Real estate agents blocked from helping with closing documents.”
- Today’s market is a tough one for sellers who are also trying to buy, Redfin found in a recent survey. ThinkAdvisor.com has the story.