Even if you’ve checked off every item on your list of open house preparations, your work is far from over – now it’s time to find people to attend.
Luckily, there are many ways you can publicize your open house. We’ve outlined six of the most effective methods to attract agents and potential homebuyers to your open house below.
- Print advertising – Despite claims that print is dead, real estate agents still find value in advertising properties in local newspapers and magazines. A simple ad with the details of your open house can catch the eye of potential homebuyers flipping through the real estate section. Another route you can take with print advertising is posting flyers in heavily trafficked areas, such as bulletin boards at stores and in the window(s) of your real estate office.
- Signage – Along with posting flyers around town, another great way to drive traffic to an open house the day of the event is to post open house signage around the property and outside of the neighborhood, alerting consumers driving or walking by that an open house is happening. These signs also function as a directional tool to help people find their way to the property.
- Social marketing – One of the most effective ways to reach a large audience in a short amount of time is social media advertising. Yes, you can post your open house flyer to your Facebook business page, Twitter and Instagram accounts to spread the word to your fans and followers, but why stop there? All three social platforms offer a variety of paid advertising options that are guaranteed to increase your reach. For as low as $5 a day, you can set up a campaign that best fits your end goal and budget. Just be sure your ad is eye-catching and adheres to the rules of each platform, which you can find in Hootsuite’s complete guide to social advertising.
- Word of mouth – Call up friends, family and other real estate agents to personally invite them (and anyone they know who is looking to purchase a home) to your open house. A personal phone call not only helps to increase open house attendance, but it can also help you connect with other agents in your market.
- Email marketing – It’s time to put that database you’ve spent so many hours building to good use. Send out a blast to your entire database with a detailed flyer inviting them to attend. Remember, consumers are bombarded with hundreds of emails a day, so be certain to send out your open house flyer with an attention-grabbing subject line, such as “Don’t miss out on the house of a lifetime!” or “You’re Invited: One-of-a-Kind Open House.”
- Rent a Drone – For agents with a larger budget, companies like Hoovy in Santa Monica, Cali. offer drone advertising, a tactic that many real estate agents have found to be a great way to attract potential buyers to an open house. These companies attach professional banners to drones that are then flown in public places to pique consumers’ interest and get more traffic to the open house.
What’s your favorite technique to spread the word about an open house? Let us know in the comments below.