Increase attendance and interest in your next luxury listing with these five tips for luxury open houses.
Hosting a luxury open house requires more effort and attention than your average open house. Here are five ways to make your next luxury listing shine.
- Broker’s open house – Broker’s open houses provide an opportunity to gain exposure to a number of an agent’s clients – people who might be interested in your home. Agents who attend a broker’s open have the opportunity to view the listing and decide whether it could be a fit for any of their own clients. It also is a great opportunity to get professional feedback on how well the listing shows.
- Bring in a housekeeper or professional organizer – Cleaning the home is a great first step toward impressing potential homebuyers. Hire a housekeeper or professional organizer to tidy up the listing and clear of clutter. Once the listing is professionally cleaned, the property is ready for the next step – staging.
- Music – Whether it’s a DJ, harpist or your iPhone playing from iTunes or Pandora, music adds an element of warmth, comfort and entertainment to an open house. While playing music from your phone is the cheapest option, if you have the budget to hire a professional musician, so do. Spending the extra money will “wow” attendees and catch their attention – live music probably isn’t what they’re expecting.
- Catered Food – All luxury open houses should have something for guests to munch on while touring the listing. Whether it’s finger sandwiches, cheese and wine or a fruit-and-veggie platter, hire a catering service to prepare and serve treats for attendees to enjoy. These small offerings can go a long way toward making your listing and open house warm and inviting. For a luxury listing, the more opulent the offerings, the better.
- Make it an event – Turning your open house into a themed event is a great way to increase attendance. You can lightly decorate the home and select music and food that fit the theme. Another event option is to team up with a non-profit and raise money by accepting donations at your open house. This is a great way to support a cause you or your seller client is passionate about and bring awareness to your listing.