Below are just a few of the questions agents need to ask to assess potential clients’ current situation, motivation, and timeline.
1. How long have you been looking for a new home? How soon do you hope to move?
2. Have you been working with another agent?
3. What have you seen so far? What do you think of the homes you’ve seen?
4. Tell me about your family. What size place to you think you need? What about schools?
5. Do you own your current home? Do you need to sell it before you can buy a new home?
6. Are you interested in new construction, resale, or both?
7. What is your price range? Has a lender prequalified you for that amount?
8. Do you want a single-family home, townhome, or condo? How many bedrooms and baths do you need?
9. When do you want to start looking at properties? When will you be ready to buy?
10. Do you prefer to be contacted by phone call, text, or email?